he’s made the decision to snub him and move ahead along with her life. And through the track she actually is fundamentally saying the reasons she’s got done this along with delineating the effects thereof. Plus in the method, she tosses a couple of of jabs at guys in general.
As an example, the track starts with the relative lineвЂњwhy are males great вЂ™til they reached be greatвЂќ. This can be meant to be a critique especially against guys in energy and generally speaking contrary to the identified ineptitude of men to handle those seats effortlessly.
The very first verse features Lizzo dissing some guy whom evidently she simply dumped.
Her rationale for performing this appears to be which he had not been severe. Plus in the method, relating to her, he destroyed a bi*ch that isвЂњbad who was simply ready to help him become successful.
The verse that is second some animosity that existed involving the two of those. Or in other words, her ex deliberately attempted to harm Lizzo by вЂbreaking her heartвЂ™. But she asserts that she ended up being never emotionally-vested within the first location to the purpose to become that vulnerable. Then she insinuates her his вЂњside chickвЂќ, which of course she did not appreciate that he was trying to make. Therefore now Lizzo is reveling when you look at the known undeniable fact that the homey is вЂњback with (his) bi*chвЂќ and that sheвЂ™s again solitary. Or in other words, she actually is perhaps not marriage that is sweating this aspect.
In reality her passions appear to have currently shifted onto to a single of her exвЂ™s homeboys.
Chorus and Bridge
Meanwhile the chorus weaves a brief story of guy apparently attempting to dump her via text, that will be something just as before she failed to appreciate. Therefore Lizzo has made a decision to just forget about him. In fact she now features a вЂњnew manвЂќ that is a user associated with the вЂњMinnesota VikingsвЂќ вЂ“ a specialist soccer group вЂ“ who she claims is вЂњmore excitingвЂќ than her ex. This needless to say will вЂhurtвЂ™ him, but as of this point, she doesnвЂ™t appear to really care.
As a result, the bridge consist of Lizzo fundamentally mocking her ex within the sense him and has no intention of looking back that she has unexpectedly excommunicated.
As the guy this track is dependant on might not have obliterated LizzoвЂ™s heart, it really is obvious which he caused her a point of psychological vexation. The good news is it is quite he who’s in discomfort because of learning the вЂњtruthвЂќ, which can be in herself to progress in life without him that she is confident enough. Ergo the name for the song вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ!
Details about вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ
- Lizzo penned вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ alongside three other noted songwriters. They truly are: Ricky Reed, Jesse Saint John and Steven Cheung.
- The songвЂ™s co-writer Ricky Reed also managed manufacturing associated with the track.
- Lizzo formally released вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ on 19 2017 september.
- Though at first released as just one perhaps not connected with any record album, вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ is included with the sound recording associated with NetflixвЂ™s 2019 comedy that is romantic anyone Great. Additionally it is played during one of several most-memorable scenes of this film. In fact вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ and also the movie Someone Great are derived from comparable themes of recuperating from heartbreak.
- Over per year and-a-half following the launch of вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ, a viral social-media trend dubbed the DNA Test Challenge, which will be centered on a line through the track, started dominating the favorite TikTok android application. This sensation made the track much more famous.
вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ won Lizzo a Grammy during the Grammys that is 62nd in вЂњBest Pop Solo EfficiencyвЂќ category. In winning that category, she overcome the following tracks:
- Taylor SwiftвЂ™s вЂњYou Have To Calm DownвЂњ
- Billie EilishвЂ™s вЂњBad GuyвЂќ
- Ariana GrandeвЂ™s вЂњ7 RingsвЂќ
- BeyoncГ©вЂ™s вЂњSpiritвЂњ